Admission requirements for undergraduate programmes:
- The students must have a minimum of Second Division or a GPA of 2.50 or equivalent grade at every level of SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations. If in an examination, the GPA is a minimum of 2.00, then in both the examinations the total GPA must be 6.00 minimum.
- In cases of Music, Fashion Design, Fine Art, Graphics Design programmes and Dance, the students must have a minimum GPA of 2.00 at every stage of SSC/O level and HSC/A level or equivalent public examinations.
The wards of Freedom Fighters may have a total GPA of 5.00 in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations.
In ‘O’ level examination, one must have at least five subjects and at least two subjects in ‘A’ level examination. In the above two examinations, out of seven subjects, ‘B’ grade or a GPA of 4.00 must be in four subjects and ‘C’ grade or a GPA of 3.50 must be in the rest of the three subjects.
In the programmes of Science, Technology and Engineering at Bachelor level, the students having passed in Science Groups in HSC or equivalent examination can be admitted. In the above programmes, the students having passed in Arts, Humanities and Commerce Groups cannot be admitted.
In the case of students with GED background, they must secure at least 410 out of 800 in each of the five subjects separately, and on an average 450 in aggregate for admission into Bachelor levels.
Students under the following categories may also be considered:
- Students with Polytechnic Diploma under the Bangladesh Technical Education Board with a minimum three to four years of studies. (Credit transfer may be considered/ Separate prescribed form is being used for Credit transfer).
- If a student’s qualification is from an approved University in Bangladesh or from the UK, EU, USA, Australia, New Zealand or an Institution with western affiliation and accreditation, he/she may be eligible for credit transfer.
- If any student seeks for admission from any other recognized institutions/university, he or she may submit equivalent certificate from competent authority.
- 12 class High School Diploma.
- International Baccalaureate / other equivalent degrees.
- Higher National Diploma students after completion, can use the HND Advanced standing to move to Honors’, but will be required to complete the Common Core compulsory subjects before admission is granted to the junior Honors’ year (third year).
- Extended Diploma/National Diploma.
- Provisional admission is offered to candidates awaiting results of HSC/ A' level and International Baccalaureate examinations.